Innovation is what will drive a cleaner more efficient society. It is the continued development of technology, IT, transport, and energy where the low hanging (in relative terms) “green” fruit is.
So much emphasis is placed on a complete (and quick) revolution in energy and other parts of the economy. But revolutions often come at the margins over time. It is the innovators who are the world’s productive revolutionaries. Some inspiration for you.
From The Huffington Post
1. “I want to put a ding in the universe.” – Steve Jobs
2. “Ideas won’t keep. Something must be done about them.” – Alfred North Whitehead
3. “Intuition will tell the thinking mind where to look next.” – Jonas Salk
4. “If you have always done it that way, it is probably wrong.” – Charles Kettering
5. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
6. “Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
7. “You can’t solve a problem on the same level that it was created. You have to rise above it to the next level.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Do not fear mistakes. There are none.” – Miles Davis
9. “The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct arising from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the object it loves.” – Carl Jung
10. “There is only one thing stronger than all the armies of the world: and that is an idea whose time has come.” – Victor Hugo
Click here for the next 90.